A restaurant’s main goal is obviously profit, so why should he or she care about increasing Facebook likes or growing their Twitter followers? Is growing fans by social media going to help get more covers?
Why is it necessary?
- People have the tendency to constantly review others experiences online, and most likely they will look for reviews on your restaurant and what people are saying to help them make the decision or not to pay you a visit.
- When you create engaging content, your fans are more likely to comment on your fan page. When this happens, their friends can see these comments, and increases the exposure for more people to want to try out your restaurant.
- Your competition is doing it, and if you don’t you will be at a disadvantage.
- It allows you to further build a connection with your clientele outside of the restaurant.
- It helps with your online web exposure, which in turn will give you more visits to your website, which in turn will translate into a higher conversion of those that will visit you.
Ultimately, you need to play on all mediums in today’s multi-complex multi-communication world to reach your desired target.